Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help with my iPod shuffle

My iPod shuffle says it's corrupted, what should I do ?

iPod shuffle, Windows XP

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 9:48 AM

1 reply

Jan 30, 2014 12:12 PM in response to ChristianHeras

Hello ChristinaHeras,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

For more information on this, take a look at:

iPod: What to do if Windows displays an "itunes.exe - Corrupt File" message

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1842

We recommend using the latest version of iTunes to restore iPod because this will address the file system issue and will also defragment the iPod drive. Although you can use the Chkdsk utility to fix file system errors on the drive mapped to iPod, Chkdsk will not defragment the drive.

Warning: The restore process cannot be undone. All of your songs and files will be deleted. Always make a backup of your important data.

Tip: Make sure you always eject iPod properly and that you wait for the orange light to stop blinking before disconnecting iPod shuffle. Read Understanding iPod shuffle status lights to learn more about iPod shuffle status lights.

This issue may be more likely to occur on iPod shuffle if iPod shuffle's file system has become heavily fragmented. A restore will eliminate fragmentation. Chkdsk will not.

Best of luck,

Mario

I need help with my iPod shuffle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.