Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB connection to iPad problems

When I connect my iPad (3rd Gen) to my late 2013 27'' iMac (Only upgrade being the 1TB Fusion Drive), the iPad charging symbol consitently flashes on/off, and the iMac 75% of the time constently notifies me that the device is no longer connected. Is there something wrong with my iMac? It seems to work fine on my Macbook pro. I tried using many different cables and the same problem persists. It is especially frustrating because I am a developer and this greatly hinders my productivity when hours of the day I cannot test on my device because my computer "doesnt recognize" the device.

Anyone having these issues? Its not only myself either, my coworker (has the same model iMac) has the exact same problem, also with a 3rd Gen iPad.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 10:22 AM

2 replies

Jan 28, 2014 10:24 AM in response to PapaSully

Please read the warranty paperwork that came w/your computer.

You have 14 days to return the computer w/no questions asked.

You have 90 days of FREE phone tech support on top of your standard 1 year warranty unless you also purchased AppleCare which gives you an additional 2 years of coverage plus FREE phone support.

Strongly suggest that you take FULL advantage of the above before it runs out. Let Apple deal w/the problems.

If you DIY and mess up, your warranty will be VOIDED!

User uploaded file

Jan 28, 2014 10:33 AM in response to PapaSully

Please read the charging instructions for the iPad, they must be plugged into an electrical outlet in order to get charged. Plugging them into a USB port on your iMac will NOT charge them!!

As for the connection being lost I would recommend doing 2-3 SMC resets following these instructions closely:

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3603

Post back with the results

USB connection to iPad problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.