2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2014 11:01 AM by danielcallen
danielcallen Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Hi,

I have just imported a few photos off my SD cards as I do often, after importing I deleted the photos off the SD card as normal. Then I was editing one of the newly imported photos and then iPhoto wasn't responding so I "force quit" it. But when I reopened iPhoto the photos are gone!!

Went to 'Last Imported' and it shows my load of photos from previous SD card import!

Please help I have lost the photos!

ATB
Daniel

(Running on MacBook Pro with OS X Mavericks, latest software)

Screen Shot 2014-01-28 at 18.01.49.pngScreen Shot 2014-01-28 at 18.02.00.png

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)
  • LarryHN Level 9 Level 9 (62,115 points)

You Possibly have lost yoru photos unless you purchase data recovery software like media recover - the free trial download will tell you what is possible to recover

First try Back up your iPhoto library, Depress and hold the option (alt) and command keys and launch iPhoto - rebuild your iPhoto library database

For the future a best practice to is to never have any computer program (including iPhoto) delete the photos from the card but to import the photos and keep them and then after at least one successful backup cycle has completed and then reformat the card --  I use three very large (32 GB) cards in rotation so I do not reformat for typically a year or more giving me one more long term backup of my photos

LN

• danielcallen Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Thank you - yes I think your right - I use 32 GB and 16 GB cards but just keep them cleared all the time - won't anymore!

ATB

Daniel