Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Each outgoing message indicated as "sending 4 of 4 messages"

Sometimes when I send one email with Messages (Mavericks) to one receipient, the Mail Activity box (bottom left) displays:

"Sending 4 messages of 4"

Am I being hacked and each of my emails is being sent 4 times (3 to unknown receipients), or it's just a bug?

Mail-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2014 5:24 PM

Same thing here. With my POP accounts.

Sometimes I get "sending 2 of 2 messages" all the way up to "sending 6 of 6 messages" at times.

Never had this problem in ML.

This apparently has been happening since 2009. Here's an old discussion that never found a solution to the issue.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1870443?start=0&tstart=0

I hope this has nothing to do with the SSL encryption bug.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2014 5:24 PM in response to Gerardo Greco

Same thing here. With my POP accounts.

Sometimes I get "sending 2 of 2 messages" all the way up to "sending 6 of 6 messages" at times.

Never had this problem in ML.

This apparently has been happening since 2009. Here's an old discussion that never found a solution to the issue.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1870443?start=0&tstart=0

I hope this has nothing to do with the SSL encryption bug.

Feb 23, 2014 6:20 PM in response to Gerardo Greco

This seems to be an explanation by another user here, TracksideDPG

I have the same issue. Mail is not sending multiple emails though. It seems that mail is doing a running total of all emails sent since the program was launched. If you close mail re open and then send one email it will only show one. Send a second email and it will show two. So on and so on until you close mail and re open.

Mar 4, 2015 10:57 AM in response to TildeBee

Really? That seems such a lamer excuse for odd mail behavior. Could it really be that extra copies are going to our buddies at the nat spy agency? Gubment-Google-Apple lubs each others yaknowz? I am testing that right now.

Quit Mail...restarting...sent email...didn't mention any multiples. Viola! OK ;( no conspiracy...

wa-wa-wahhhh

Lol.

Thanks--I was beginning to get paranoid.

Each outgoing message indicated as "sending 4 of 4 messages"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.