Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Version 11.1.4.62 errors

I am trying to load iTunes V11.1.4.62 but keep getting the following error messages.

:Apple mobile device failed to start. options Abort, retry, ignor"....none of these fix the issue.

"Error 7 (windows error 126)"

"MSVCR80.dll missing"

I have looked through past discussions on similar subjects but they are saying I have to delete all the Apple programs on the computer. How do you do this & then re install?

Does it fix the problem?

Will Apple release a version where this is not an issue?

iPhone 4, Windows 7

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 12:09 PM

3 replies

Jan 28, 2014 12:16 PM in response to Neil R V

Go to Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs (Win XP) or Programs and Features (later)

Remove all of these items in the following order:

• iTunes
  • Apple Software Update
  • Apple Mobile Device Support (if this won't uninstall move on to the next item)
  • Bonjour
  • Apple Application Support

Reboot, download iTunes, then reinstall, either using an account with administrative rights, or right-clicking the downloaded installer and selecting Run as Administrator.

The uninstall and reinstall process will preserve your iTunes library and settings, but ideally you would back up the library and your other important personal documents and data on a regular basis. See this user tip for a suggested technique.

Please note:

Some users may need to follow all the steps in whichever of the following support documents applies to their system. These include some additional manual file and folder deletions not mentioned above.

HT1925: Removing and Reinstalling iTunes for Windows XP

HT1923: Removing and reinstalling iTunes for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

tt2

Jan 28, 2014 9:01 PM in response to turingtest2

Thanks for your suggestions but they were unsuccessfull in this case.

I am running 64 bit & I was able to uninstal all the initial items but in the verification the following could not be uninstalled.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Bonjour

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple

I tried going into the folders & deleting the indiviual folders one at a time but they would not all delete. Some did but other wouldn't, & one said it was in use by another program. I used Ctl-Alt-delete & into processes but could not find the files.

Surely this can not be this hard. Itunes was working find the way it was!

Version 11.1.4.62 errors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.