Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I dropped my iPhone and it isn't turning back on, what should I do to try and fix it without having apple Care? Home remedy?

Any body try anything at home? I have yet to find a pin small enough to push the reset button since my kit isn't with me right now..trying to avoid bringing it to my service provider for now until I've tried everything....THANKS

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 12:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 12:50 PM

There is no reset button to push. Not sure where you might have heard that. Try a reset on the phone, the only way, which consists of holding the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. This can take up to 30 seconds. If that does not help, it is possible the fall has damaged the phone and you would need to make an appointment at the Genius Bar at Apple to have it evaluated.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2014 12:50 PM in response to Celestefrombc

There is no reset button to push. Not sure where you might have heard that. Try a reset on the phone, the only way, which consists of holding the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. This can take up to 30 seconds. If that does not help, it is possible the fall has damaged the phone and you would need to make an appointment at the Genius Bar at Apple to have it evaluated.

I dropped my iPhone and it isn't turning back on, what should I do to try and fix it without having apple Care? Home remedy?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.