Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband, Soundflower, Digital Audio problems HELP!

Yesterday was the first time I used my digital UVIGrandpiano app on the latest version of Garageband. I also had recently purchased the lopps, instruments that went with the latest Garageband. I also purchased Logic Pro X to integrate the two music platforms.

I was getting ready to record piano for a jazz song I've been working on for an album. The UVIGrandpiano worked fine on Logic Pro x, however, I did not record anything on Logic pro X. When I went to record the piano on Garageband. The digital sound was fine during the recording. But the input of the digital sound was at a higher descible than I am used to as you shall see in the screenshot I will provide below). The song, thus far composed, sounded great when I was recording with the previous version of Garageband last week.

I did some research into soundflower and found that my version is outdated for use with the Garageband 10.0.1

I tried to install the latest version of soundflower and it would not allow me to do so. I also tried uninstalling my current soundflower which did nothing lol.

Here is the screenshot of my music on garageband. Notice the difference between the input of the two recordings on the blue bars.

User uploaded file

When I try to install Soundflower to suit the requirments of current Garageband interface this error message shows up.

"Soundflower Pkg cannot opem because it is from an unidentified developer."

This is bunk because I downloaded it from soundflowers website "Cycle74.com"

Thanks for your help.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), Updated Garageband and Logic

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 12:24 PM

Cycling 74 appears to be the original source. It has since been taken over by code.google.com:

http://roaringapps.com/app/soundflower

And it appears there is a version that works with 10.9, although the beta only mentions 10.8 on the code.google.com download website. I'd try that version and see if it makes a difference.

5 replies

Garageband, Soundflower, Digital Audio problems HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.