Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

reason - MainStage 3 Volume Problem

When I rewire REASON to MAINSTAGE even I have my fader down to Zero I still hear Reason's patch.

Thank you.User uploaded file

MainStage, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), MainStage Rewire to REASON 7.0

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 1:27 PM

12 replies

Feb 3, 2014 5:02 PM in response to Treatment

IF it is Reason 5, Reason 5 only does 32 bit Rewire, meaning if you are running MS 3.0, you are out of luck, as MS3 expects Rewire 64 Bit. (However MS 2.2.2 will work running in 32 Bit mode

OR:

You created an input channel on the CONCERT level, rather than on a SET level.

OR:

You started Reason first, instead of starting Mainstage first, Reason second.

Treatment

Feb 5, 2014 6:20 AM in response to Ryo7

"OR:

You created an input channel on the CONCERT level, rather than on a SET level.

I don't quiet undertand what you are talking about?"

Yup. You cannot modify ANYTHING that is created on a Concert level.

The Concert level (which is highlighted in the above JPEG) is a place where you add controllers, knobs,faders etc.

You add SYNTHS/Plug ins/Inputs/Instruments on a SET level, and create patches from there.

So if you put an Ultrabeat for example on a Concert, it will PERMINANTLY stay there in all of your Sets/patches, and you won't be able to modify it from song to song, from Set to Set or Patch to Patch.

Mainstage keeps track of all of you I/O on a concert level. It's one of those things that kinda happens "in the background" for you. If you want to change I/O from song to song, do it on a SET level.

Make sense?

Treatment

reason - MainStage 3 Volume Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.