Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting Macbook to a Projector

Hi, I get married this weekend and want to play a slideshow of pictures through my year old Macbook Pro but when I went to the venue the lead from the projector has what I am told to be a serial connection which my laptop hasnt got.

I am making a copy of the slideshow to take to use on a friends pc as a precaution but would definitely prefer to just connect my mac to the projector as I have spent quite a long time putting music to it etc.

Is it simply a case of just getting an adapter that would connect to the lead and in to my mac ??

Any help gratefully accepted

Tony

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 2:09 PM

Serial connector on the projector? Are they sure they did not mean a VGA connector. Or a DVI connector?

Serial has 9 pins, VGA has 15 pins, finding a serial to MiniDisplay port(mac) adapter may be tough.

I don't even know if I ever saw a serial port on a projector.

Try to find out exactly what the projector needs, there are plenty of adapters, and if this is a "normal" projector, then someone can make an accurate suggestion as to what you need to buy.

It would probably be in the $25-$40 range.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2014 2:09 PM in response to tonybassplayer

Serial connector on the projector? Are they sure they did not mean a VGA connector. Or a DVI connector?

Serial has 9 pins, VGA has 15 pins, finding a serial to MiniDisplay port(mac) adapter may be tough.

I don't even know if I ever saw a serial port on a projector.

Try to find out exactly what the projector needs, there are plenty of adapters, and if this is a "normal" projector, then someone can make an accurate suggestion as to what you need to buy.

It would probably be in the $25-$40 range.

Connecting Macbook to a Projector

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.