Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where did photos go when went to temporary folder in iphoto

Hi

There may be a very simple answer to this for those who know....

I was transferring/importing a collection of videos and photos from my wife's samsung galaxy to my iphoto library. When transferring them a message came up saying that they were going to a temporary folder. When completed these photos and videos did not appear in the "last imported" folder.

I will go back and individually search for each photo within iphoto but can anyone shed some light on what or where this temporary folder is all about and where it might be and why these files did not appear on the last imported folder?

Cheers

Peter t

iMac

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 2:11 PM

9 replies

Jan 28, 2014 4:18 PM in response to Crows2012

I should say it was dragged from the galaxy s2 using the android transfer app

When I transferred a single photo there was no temp folder message pop up. This message came up when I was importing 50 of them.

Perhaps (?) the temp folder was within the android transfer app and not iphoto(?). Nonetheless it surprised me these photos did not come up as last import

Jan 28, 2014 4:22 PM in response to Crows2012

No idea - have an iPhone and use PhotoStream to import photos - it does sound like a message from someplace other than iPhoto but I have no way of testing or knowing

Try downloading the photos to a desktop folder and then importing into iPHoto from there to seperate the Third party software form iPhoto so it is easy to determine what is happening

LN

Jan 28, 2014 6:10 PM in response to LarryHN

Hi Larry

i was thinking the same - going through a desktop folder - as i too was thinking the temp folder was not an iphoto thing

i just found it strange that it did not appear in last imports

i will go back through into iphoto to check these have gone through

on the side, what was (i thought) strange and a pain in the proverbial was when i imported through Kies (android) the date shown in iphoto of the photo was the date of import (yesterday) and then when i imported through android transfer the date of the photo was used. so i had to do it twice and now i have to fish out duplicates

am i right in thinking photos will have duplicated as i imported them once under each method? or would i have had a pop up highlighting there might be a duplicate (origina) file already in iphoto?

Aug 2, 2015 2:45 PM in response to Crows2012

I had a similar problem. I did a drag and drop trander from android and it said it was transferring to a temporary folder. I now cannot find them the 4gb worth of photos and videos but my computer says after the transfer that my computer is 4gb short now. If you look in users/yourusername/library/caches there is a folder called temporaryfiles. I found my pictures there.

Oct 7, 2015 10:56 AM in response to Crows2012

Same thing sort of...I saved a photoshop elements jpeg under name "Forgot". Then I went to open it and I couldn't find it. Searched spotlight. So I re-created it and went to save again and saw it would have been going into a folder called "Temporary Items" and lo and behold "Forgot" was already there ...YET remember: "Forgot" didn't show up when searched for it previsouly and I don't know where the folder is to go get it...?!?!?

Where did photos go when went to temporary folder in iphoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.