Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared Printer Isn't Working

Hi. I have a Xserve G5 that I recently purchased to be a iTunes Movie and print Server. The iTunes Server is working fine, but the shared printer is not showing up on my network, besides on the computer itself. I have tried printing directly from the Server, and it works fine. In case this would help, heres my info:

-MacBook 13" Core 2 Duo as main client running Lion

-XServe G5 running 10.4.11 Server as server

-Cannon PIXMA IP4000

I know that is is on my network, as I can SSH into it and screen share.

Any Help Would be greatly appreciated! Thanks 🙂

User uploaded file

Xserve, OS X Server, 10.4.11 Server on Xserve G5

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 3:35 PM

5 replies

Feb 6, 2014 2:51 PM in response to Antonio Rocco

Hi. I don't know exactly what you mean, but I think I do, so I'll try to describe it and send some screenshots. Under server admin on OSX Server 10.4, I went under the Print tab:

User uploaded file

Then from there, I just chose my printer from the list, which worked fine printing from the computer itself. Then I started the service. If you need anymore information, please reply. Thanks! 🙂

Shared Printer Isn't Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.