Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MainStage flat a whole step ???

I just bought MainStage and i'm using is with a Fishman triple play for guitar. When I use instruments in Logic, it's fine. When I'm trying to use MainStage, with the same instruments, my sounds are flat one semitone and a couple of commas. The workaround I found is to insert the transposer down one step on the channel strip AND put the master tuner at 430 Hz to be in tune with my guitar. That's super weird, and not practical as I have to do this on every sound. I checked that the guitar is OK, and on the keyboard on the screen the note is the note of the guitar, also indicated on the fishman interface. So there is really something with Mainstage, but I cannot find out.

Help will be very appreciated. Links to resources to learn to use it quickly would be nice too, as I have a feeling that the sw is very powerful but totally non intuitive to use !

Thanks

Philippe

MainStage, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 3:34 PM

2 replies

Oct 7, 2014 10:07 AM in response to pdelanghe

I just had the same problem .

The real strange thing is ... When I used the the "Tuner" in Logic Pro X

my guitar / tuner plugin worked correctly. ( I tuned the guitar concert/440)

Tuner said said , yep 440

But when I switched over to MainStage 3 Tuner read as flat about a 1/2 step.

Did a restart opened only MS, Still same 1/2 off. Went to Audio preferences

changed couple things and hit "Apply button" Then set them back again to my setting

and again hit apply. Tuner now works correctly.
BTW dhjdhj the sample rate was the same in both apps (MS & Logic) MS just didn't get it together till the "Apply"..... Bug ???

In the "For What It's Worth" category... Logic Pro X (and 9) run much faster and I feel more efficiently

and responsive than MS. MS works my MacBook Pro/CPU harder than a 24 track "Backing Track"

file in Logic (never turns on the fan) Hhhmmmm.....

MacBook Pro, Logic 10.0.7 , MS 3..0.4 & Behringer X32 I/O

MainStage flat a whole step ???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.