Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the settings so that the audio does NOT replace audio that's already there?

I downloaded the new iMovie '11 after having iMovie '09 FOREVER, and though I have my qualms about many things in the new iMovie, my biggest and most frustrating concern by far is how the heck you add/move around audio in the project, and NOT have it erase audio that might already be sitting there. For example, when I try to move audio to the left or right, it just takes away the audio that was sitting beside it, rather than have the audio move with it, etc. Am I being clear enough? Is there a button where I can turn this off? I'm a longtime user of iMovie, as I have a YouTube channel, but this audio thing is frustrating me so much, it's turning me off of iMovie completely. PLEASE tell me there is a switch where audio can push other audio around, and NOT replace it or take away half the original audio that's there because the added audio is filling the original audio's spot.

Thanks so much!

Geneva

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 3:46 PM

1 reply

How do I change the settings so that the audio does NOT replace audio that's already there?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.