Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting text by pressing & holding the delete button is very slow...

Deleting text by pressing & holding the delete button is very slow... So I end up having to press the delete button repeatedly and very fast to delete the sentence character by character because it's faster. I checked the keyboard preferences but I didn't see any parameter for speeding up this process. Is there a way to change that? I know I can highlight what I want to delete and then delete it, but sometimes, I find it more convenient to press/hold the delete button. When you're "on a roll", it doesn't break your rythm, it just feels like you're "rewinding" a little, then moving forward again, but the "train" never left the track. Maybe it's just me. Does it make any sense to anyone?

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 4:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 5:59 PM

Go into System Preferences / Keyboard and make sure the Key Repeat is set to Fast and Delay Until Repeat is set closer to Short and retest.

User uploaded file

4 replies

Deleting text by pressing & holding the delete button is very slow...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.