Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just erased my computer totally and when I reloaded the OS all my data was still there. Where did I go wrong?

I just erased my computer totally and when I reloaded the OS all a lot of my data was still there. Favourites, Icloud access and data etc. What did I do wrong?

OS X Mavericks-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 5:11 PM

1 reply

Jan 28, 2014 5:24 PM in response to lasserre

Did you go into recovery and use disk utility to erase your drive and create a new partition? You couldve just installed mavericks through the installer or erased a different partiton or drive. Just boot into recovery by holding Command R on boot and click Disk Utility, then select the drive not Macintosh HD and select the Partition tab then in the current layout drop down select one partition and hit Apply. After the erase and partitioning is complette exit Disk Utility and reinstall Mac OS X

I just erased my computer totally and when I reloaded the OS all my data was still there. Where did I go wrong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.