Skip navigation

iphone 7.0.4 calendar alert sound too short?

428 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2014 7:56 AM by Meg St._Clair RSS
lyem Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jan 28, 2014 5:25 PM

All of my previous dumb cheap phones have the alert sound in calendar sound continuously until I dismissed. The iphone calendar alert sound only lasted couple seconds. What if one just left the phone on the desk for a couple minute break and missed the alert completely? I had missed a few events with this apply "stoopid" design. Am I missing something simple or it's a "stoopid" design?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4
  • ckuan Level 6 Level 6 (19,780 points)
    Jan 28, 2014 6:04 PM (in response to lyem)

Yes, you can set a second alert or choose a different sound.

Jan 28, 2014 8:57 PM (in response to lyem)

Because I have more than just Calendar alerts, Emails, missed calls, Reminders, Weather alerts, etc...

I can go back to my iPhone and swipe down my notification center to see what I've missed. I do not want a continueous sound like my alarm clock. For important events, i used 2 alerts.

Anyway it's not a feature of the iPhone,

You can make your suggest here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

• ChrisJ4203 Level 7 Level 7 (26,365 points)
    Jan 28, 2014 9:30 PM (in response to lyem)

Even my Outlook on my computer does not perform this way. It provides an alert, and then displays the alert on the computer screen, just like Notification Center does on the iPhone. I'd consider throwing mine against the wall if it acted that way for a simple alert.

• Meg St._Clair Level 8 Level 8 (37,445 points)
    Jan 29, 2014 11:58 AM (in response to lyem)

The thread you referenced has been dormant for 5 years. Apparently, not enough people are submitting feedback for Apple to consider this a priority.

• ChrisJ4203 Level 7 Level 7 (26,365 points)
    Jan 29, 2014 8:45 PM (in response to lyem)

You seem to be confusing the two. An alarm is an alarm, a reminder is just that, a reminder. I'm not sure what "dumb" phones you are referring to, but I've had a lot, and I've never seen a calendar reminder act like an alarm clock that wouldn't stop until acted on.

Try looking through the App store and see if any of the other calendar apps provide you with what you are looking for.

Feb 1, 2014 2:12 AM (in response to lyem)

Answers have been provided. Your amount of arguments would not change the fact that it is designed not as you've expect. I like the alert this way as it is.I do not want to be bombarded. If it's important, set 2 or more alerts.

You can send feedback here or buy a phone that meet your needs.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

• Meg St._Clair Level 8 Level 8 (37,445 points)
    Feb 2, 2014 7:56 AM (in response to lyem)

lyem wrote:

Obviously it had been designed this way, but it can be improved in the future.

Submit your feedback directly to Apple using the appropriate link on the Feedback page:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.