Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the iTunes 'Books' library? Want to add pdf to iBook app

I have been looking for over an hour... there is nothing on my computer screen for iTunes that says 'Books' - I want to bring a pdf book into iBooks. How can I do this. Previously answered questions on this say to drag the pdf to the 'Books' library which would be fine if it existed. Off to the left of my screen I see only "Movies, Music, TV Shows and Apps" then Store and then Purchased and then my iPad which is plugged in.

Can someone help me solve this issue I have every time I want to add a book to iTunes to the iBook app on my iPad, I have already gone to File > Add to Library and it acts like something happened but there is no PDF book showing up in iBooks or my Adobe Acrobat app. What am I doing wrong?

TIA,

Ken

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 16G RAM

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 9:28 PM

You are running Mavericks (good!) according to your profile, so that means you now have an iBooks app on your Mac.

Open the iBooks app, look at "All Books", and drag the PDF there!

4 replies

Jan 29, 2014 10:43 PM in response to sberman

I found the app and put it on the dock and added the pdf but in iTunes it wants me to do a dangerous action, removing all music tones,,, and a long list of other things, like books that don't show up in this new iBook app on my Mac, I don't want to risk losing all of my PDF books and other books that are now on my iPad. Things get sticky and I've already lost tons of stuff by upgrading to Maverick in the first place. I think the warning message was enough motivation for me to forget about iBook and use another more friendly app like iAnnotate to bring in PDF files. Whew, well at least I know that there are apps out there that can be more friendly than the Apple apps., like I've abandoned 'Notes' and am now using Evernote which keeps backups in the cloud which updates to all of my divices. Thanks sberman, you did lead me to the correct answer on this. I'm just not going to chance losing everything.

Where is the iTunes 'Books' library? Want to add pdf to iBook app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.