Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why would "other" storage on my iPhone 5 be 10GB?

I have an iPhone 5, running iOS 7.0.4, and iTunes is currently showing 10+GB of "Other" storage. Everything else together is only about 2GB. The largest app is only at 300+MB.

Thanks,

Mike

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 6:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 6:28 PM

If you have an app that allows you to transfer documents, music or videos to it (other than the stock Apple apps), the content of that app will show up in "Other."

Generally, though, this is a sign of a corrupt backup/problematic app. Best thing to do is restore the phone as new and selectively transfer items back to it.

~Lyssa

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2014 6:28 PM in response to VA_Pottsie

If you have an app that allows you to transfer documents, music or videos to it (other than the stock Apple apps), the content of that app will show up in "Other."

Generally, though, this is a sign of a corrupt backup/problematic app. Best thing to do is restore the phone as new and selectively transfer items back to it.

~Lyssa

Why would "other" storage on my iPhone 5 be 10GB?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.