Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watching movies from Netflix app on your tv from iPhone 5

I was wondering, since at the moment I'm without cable tv and internet because of a dispute with my local cable provider, is there a way I can 'mirror' or whatever movies from the netflix app to my tv? I don't have any special cables for my iPhone but for my MacBook Pro I do use a HDMI cable from my macbook to my tv (just a regular Sanyo 46" LCD TV) and it works just fine. I figure if I can somehow connect my iPhone to my MacBook Pro, then to my tv I might can stream the movies on my phone but shows on my tv.

As I said, right now I don't have internet (just relying on Sprints network) and I'm not in range of any free wifi.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2, White 16G on Sprint Network

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 7:11 PM

5 replies

Jan 29, 2014 8:11 PM in response to ShellyH73

IMHO the best way to see Netflix, YouTube, Hulu and other services like those on your TV is to use a ChromeCast device, they cost $35 and connect to your internet. When you start the Netflix app and select a video to watch you can choose to see the video on the TV. The chromeCast device will connect directly to the internet to stream the video, works great and doesn't require a cable connection between the iPhone or iPad to the TV.

Watching movies from Netflix app on your tv from iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.