Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Your Apple ID about to expire email.anyone else have this?

Received an email stating my Apple iTunes I'd is about to expire, has own links that want me to give ID and password. Links appear to be NQR ( not quite right) have never had apple or iTunes send emails like this in the past anyone else had the same thing?

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 9:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 9:40 PM

Pedisoul,

You can safely and confidently ignore this as a phishing attempt.

Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email

User uploaded file

18 replies

Jul 2, 2015 6:46 AM in response to Pedisoul

I've just received a similar email:

Dear Customer,

We inform you that your Apple ID happens to expire in less than 48 hours.

It is imperative to update your account information!

Click on the link below to log into your Apple account.

Verify

This is an automatically generated message.

Regards,

Apple.

Very convincing graphics and look to it. But the link asks for credit card info and Social Insurance info. No way am I sending that out.

Aug 24, 2015 6:08 AM in response to jeanfromdorchester

It's a phishing attempt to try and get your account and payment details (iTunes accounts don't expire) - if you still have the email then forward it to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com , and then delete it.

Phishing and similar emails : Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails

Phishing emails : Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Dec 26, 2015 10:57 AM in response to Pedisoul

Similar thing happened to me yesterday

First thing I noticed in text of email was sentence

"why this electronic courier you he was sent ?"

and last sentence

"Just click the link below and craft a session using your Apple ID and password. "

Although sender on email was designated as "Support <Service@Apple.com>"

I right clicked on original email before i reopened it to view full header and found return

path was

"Return-Path: <talene@purl.asu.edu>"

Found purl.asu is Phoenix Urban Research Lab Arizona State University....

Support <Service@Apple.com>
Dear Customer,
We inform you that your account is about to expire in less than 48 hours, it is imperative to conduct an audit of your information for now, otherwise your account will be destroyed.Just click the link below and craft a session using your Apple ID and password. .
Check now>
why this electronic courier you he was sent ? The sending of this email applies when the expiration date of your account expires. For more information, see Questions and Answers. thank you,Assistance to Apple customers .

Apr 13, 2016 12:44 AM in response to Susu1710

Contact your card issuer immediately and get the card cancelled and replaced.

If you also gave your iTunes account's password change it via http://appleid.apple.com (What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password - Apple Support)

For your driver license, does your country's licensing website have any information abut what to do if you give your details to people ?

Nov 10, 2016 8:41 AM in response to Pedisoul

****! I almost fell for this when it came as a text. A TEXT for goodness sake - I have never had that before.

Now I clicked on the link, because I have been having problems downloading apps, but it just looked too fishy (phishy?), and tried to type the address into a browser on my laptop which of course gave me a 404 error.

Beware!

Your Apple ID about to expire email.anyone else have this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.