Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't reinstall OS X to my Macbook Pro Retina

Okey, so for 2 days ago I turned off my Macbook Pro Retina (early 2013). I mostly not turn off the computer just turn down the screen so it's in sleep mode. So yesterday when I got home from school I started up the computer and the screen was like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjFg6U9zXyc. So I google my problem on my other computer and found that I could press Alt+Cmd+p+r so that was what I did, and I searched for problems in my harddrive and there was a problem that couldnt get repaired, look on the image (it's in Swedish but it basically says that it can't get repaired and I have to reformatting my disk.)

User uploaded file

So I removed everything on my Macintosh HD and restarted the computer. After I could choose to Install OS X, so I pressed there and followed the instructions and it all loaded for like 1-2 hrs. But when it was almost done it came up an error box saying "Can not retrieve the additional components required for the installation of os x"..

User uploaded file

And here I am.. What shall I do?

A computer for this price shall not have any problems like this..

And for the record, I used OS X Mavericks, and I've done a Internet Recovery but nothing works.

Please help me!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 10:34 PM

4 replies

Jan 29, 2014 6:14 AM in response to Buffee

When you say you did an Internet Recovery, you restarted pressing Command+Option+R, correct? If so and from your screenshot it appears your 2013 Retina came pre-installed with OS X Mountain Lion which is OK. Did you erase your Macintosh HD prior to trying the Reinstall OS X?

Try launching Internet Recovery again (Command+Option+R), go into Disk Utility and try recreating your Macintosh HD partition. BE AWARE THIS WILL ERASE YOUR DRIVE. So hopefully you have a back up. Select your highest level drive name (500.28 GB Apple SSD SDS...) then click the Partition tab, select the Macintosh HD partition and remove it by clicking the "-" sign in the lower left corner and select 1 Partition from the partition dropdown. Make sure the format is Mac OS Extended-Journaled. And click Apply. Stay in Disk Utility and try a Verify Disk. If the verify works without any errors, try your Reinstall OS X. If you still get errors and your Retina is still under warranty, you will need to take it for repair at a local Apple Store. Hopefully, one is close by.

I'm thinking if you haven't resolved your disk issue, the reinstall is unable to write the additional components to the disk.

Jan 29, 2014 9:54 AM in response to keg55

I've already done what you tipped. I was away today to leave it at an Apple Store, and they noticed that when they're checking the harddrive on the mac it says that it's problem but when they plug out the SSD and tested it in their computer everything worked. So they said that the problem is the logic board. So they've now ordered a new logic board to me and hopefully I can go and get my working computer now on friday or monday next week.

Can't reinstall OS X to my Macbook Pro Retina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.