Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, my ipod charger usb wont work when I plug it into my laptop. It says that before it malfunction etc etc. I have windows 8.1 please help I cant charge it

So when I plug in the usb cord it says that it's not regonized and fails. its really annoying and I cant charge my ipod. please help. I have windows 8.1

iPod touch (4th generation)

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 10:28 PM

1 reply

Jan 29, 2014 2:58 AM in response to Community User

What malfunctioned? If the iPod does not appear in iTunes:

Try

iOS: Device not recognized iniTunesfor Windows

I would start with

Removing and reinstallingiTunesand other software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

New cable and different USB port?

Runs this and see if the results help with determine the cause

iTunesfor Windows: Device Sync Tests

Try on another computer to help determine if computer oriPodproblem

Also

Not Charge

- See:

iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting

iPhone and iPod touch: Charging the battery

- Try another cable. Some 5G iPods were shipped with Lightning cable that were either initially defective or failed after short use.

- Try another charging source

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Hi, my ipod charger usb wont work when I plug it into my laptop. It says that before it malfunction etc etc. I have windows 8.1 please help I cant charge it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.