Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spreadsheet updates automatically pushed to iOS and other Macs?

Does anyone know if Numbers (and Pages and Keynote) document changes are automatically pushed to other devices accessing iCloud? Or do I have to manually open both the app and the document to get the latest version?

I'm trying to determine that, if I make changes to a document on my Mac and then say go to access that file later on a flight with no internet access, will it be the latest version (assuming my device was connected to the Internet to download the latest version)? Or should I manually open all documents before the flight, in this situation?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 4:21 AM

2 replies

Jan 29, 2014 5:05 AM in response to Sean Mcclafferty

Good question! I think the answer is that you would want to open Numbers on the iOS device while you are still connected to the internet but you don't then need to open each document in turn. Just opening the app triggers a sync of all the documents. If you have chosen to view them by date you often see them rearranging themselves if you've made changes since the last sync. After opening the app, of course, you need to give iCloud a little time to sync.

SG

Spreadsheet updates automatically pushed to iOS and other Macs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.