Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mbp stuck on responding login after update

App Store suggested to update Mountain Lion from 10.3 to 10.5 I think, so I agreed.

It logged out and restarted and started installing the update, so far so good, it finished and booted, all good so far, it took me to the gray login screen (with my admin account, my second account and a guest one) so I click on my admin account, type in my password and it takes me for less than a second to a blue screen and then back to the gray login screen! Why? What's wrong? Same with the second account and I m not sure on the guest account since I have no idea of what the password is, I'm super stucked! Is there a way to workaround ? Or do something? I didn't back up anything :(

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Other OS

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 5:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 5:30 AM

Ok, so I restarted it and pressed shift while loading, it took quite a long time compared to other restarts, anyway, it took me to the same login screen but at the top, next to the battery % and wifi in read it said something like "safe mode" I logged in and it worked! Now I'm afraid to turn it off or log out....it is working perfectly and everything looks ok, it even shows under system preferences the update. Any help? Thamks

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2014 5:30 AM in response to Pauliwin

Ok, so I restarted it and pressed shift while loading, it took quite a long time compared to other restarts, anyway, it took me to the same login screen but at the top, next to the battery % and wifi in read it said something like "safe mode" I logged in and it worked! Now I'm afraid to turn it off or log out....it is working perfectly and everything looks ok, it even shows under system preferences the update. Any help? Thamks

Mbp stuck on responding login after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.