Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Program autostarts at Startup

I have a new Bose SoundTouch music system and have downloaded the SoundTouch app to my Mac. The app autostarts every time I reboot the system. I would like it only to start when I want it to run. I have checked my account Login items, and the app is not listed there. I have checked the startup folder in Library, and it is not listed there either. I have uninstalled the program using the Bose SoundTouch uninstaller and reinstalled the latest version of the program with no luck. I have searched out and removed every SoundTouch plist file I can find. No joy. Where else can I look? There is something hidden somewhere in OS X that is causing this to happen and I would like to find and remove it. I have contacted Bose and they are nice people to deal with but keep telling me that this is not supposed to happen with this app. The app has no preferences or settings to control startup at log in. They say this is an OS X issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Apple Mail-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 6:04 AM

5 replies

Jan 29, 2014 9:58 AM in response to jjweinb

You will need to make your user library visible. Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder.

Thanks to leonie for some information contained in this.

You might need to redo the View settings after an update.

Program autostarts at Startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.