Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

stream from a nas to apple tv

Looking at the forum it seams that even with the new nas itunes server available with itunes server you cannot stream videos from a nas to an apple tv ?

Unless someone knows better?

However it seems the work around is a mac mini, if I have to go this route will any mac mini do?

Advice please

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 6:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 6:30 AM

Please don't pay any attention to the claims of these companies that claim to provide you with an iTunes server, it's nonsense.

Yes a Mac Mini is an excellent product for using iTunes content on a network drive with the Apple TV.

7 replies

Jan 30, 2014 10:28 AM in response to Brian Cook4

Okay further help please, I have imported my films into itunes leaning them on the nas to my imac.

My apple tv 3 is not showing all the tv shows, it did list quite a few but when I looked again there are 4 instead of 444, all the shows are listed on the imac and all play fine.

why are they not on atv3?

Another question please as well, is it best to get a hard drive with thunder bolt connection to keep the films on so spead up things up?

any help is welcome.

thanks

Jan 30, 2014 11:43 AM in response to Ray Bright

My apple tv 3 is not showing all the tv shows, it did list quite a few but when I looked again there are 4 instead of 444, all the shows are listed on the imac and all play fine.

If you look in iTunes on your computer is all the content visable there? Did it import under TV shows or movies or Home movies? If it is under home movies it will not show on ATV. You can right click and go to getInfo and under the options tab set the type you want.

Oh, and on ATV were you looking under TV Shows or Computers > TV Shows? They will only be visable under TV Shows.

is it best to get a hard drive with thunder bolt connection to keep the films on so spead up things up?

Not unless you have a REALLY crappy NAS. Thunderbolt would be more helpful if you were constantly moving the whole library around. Then it is a big deal, but for the bandwidth you need to stream video it is not going to make a big differnce.

stream from a nas to apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.