Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a I pad MD522LL/A version 7.0 and cannot get off of mute I have tried items in settings and moving back lock switch as well as volume any help

I have a I pad MD522LL/A version 7.0 and cannot get off of mute I have tried items in settings and moving back lock switch as well as volume any help

iPad, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 7:56 AM

1 reply

Jan 31, 2014 1:38 PM in response to A number one

Hey there,

It sounds like you are unable to get any sound from your built in speaker on your device, even after toggling the side switch. I recommend the troubleshooting from the following article named:

iPhone: No sound or distorted sound from speaker

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts5180

1. Verify that the volume is set to a level you would normally be able to hear.
  2. Ensure that there is nothing plugged in to the headset jack or the dock connector.
  3. If the iPhone is in a protective case, make sure that the speaker port isn't blocked by the case.
  4. Make sure that the speaker and dock port aren't clogged with debris. If necessary, clean it with a clean, small, dry, soft-bristled brush. Carefully and gently brush away any debris.
  5. If an audio issue occurs when using a specific application, try testing other applications to see if the issue persists.
  6. If the iPhone is paired with a Bluetooth headset or car kit:
  7. Restart the iPhone.
  8. If restarting doesn't fix the issue, ensure that your iPhone is updated to the latest version of iOS.
  9. If the issue is not resolved after restoring the iPhone software, please contact Apple Support.

The article title mentions the iPhone, but the steps are relevant for the iPad as well.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.