Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Increase font size

Hi Apple community,

How do you increase the size of fonts in Finder UI elements so they are easier to read?

I have a 15" MBP running OS X 10.8.5.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 8:45 AM

10 replies

Jan 29, 2014 9:21 AM in response to erterm

Zoom everything

In System Preferences’ Accessibility pane, you can turn on zooming that affects your entire display. Click the Zoom icon in the sidebar of that preference pane, and check either or both Use keyboard shortcuts to zoom and Use scroll gesture with modifier keys to zoom. I often use the scrolling option—which, on a trackpad, is a two-finger drag—to get a closer look at things that I can’t zoom any other way, such as text in graphics on webpages.

OS X's Accessibility preferences pane offers options for zooming your whole screen. User uploaded file

Finally, if you have a Mac that permits you to change the display resolution, you might want to go that route. The Displays preference pane of System Preferences lets you scale your display. Try it and see if you can see enough on your screen after magnifying its scale. This alteration changes the number of pixels on the screen and, therefore, the size of text in the menubar, menu items, and so on.

Although font size settings are limited to certain apps, it’s good to know where you can make this change.

Jan 29, 2014 11:02 AM in response to erterm

Post your comments on the Product Feedback website.

These are user-to-user forums where everyday folk (volunteers) post questions and offer answers (technical support) to each other.

Apple involvement. Apple may respond to questions but does not formally provide technical support on the Site. Any information that is provided by Apple or Apple employees is offered on an "AS IS" basis without warranties of any kind.

User uploaded file

Increase font size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.