Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does the App Store say Numbers is installed when it isn't?

Numbers crashed after the last update so I removed it from my Mac but now the App Store keeps saying it is still installed and won't let me re-download it. Any ideas? (I have restarted the computer)

Thanks in advance...

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 10:00 AM

Hi Sparkoids,

Perhaps you could try this. In Mac App Store, click on Account, then sign in, and "Reset all warnings for buying and download.' Then sign out and back in and try downloading again.

(Also, make sure it's the Numbers in your Applications folder that you moved to the trash, not the Numbers that you may have in an iWork '09 subfolder within Applications. You'll probably want to keep the version that's in the subfolder because it's got features that the new Numbers does not have, at least not yet. The two versions for the most part coexist happily on the Mac.)

SG

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2014 10:00 AM in response to Sparkoids

Hi Sparkoids,

Perhaps you could try this. In Mac App Store, click on Account, then sign in, and "Reset all warnings for buying and download.' Then sign out and back in and try downloading again.

(Also, make sure it's the Numbers in your Applications folder that you moved to the trash, not the Numbers that you may have in an iWork '09 subfolder within Applications. You'll probably want to keep the version that's in the subfolder because it's got features that the new Numbers does not have, at least not yet. The two versions for the most part coexist happily on the Mac.)

SG

Why does the App Store say Numbers is installed when it isn't?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.