Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air, iOS7 - Random Hanging Issue

I have this issue that seems to be happening more and more lately but is still random so I can't pinpoint it. Has anyone experienced similar and perhaps know the underlying issue?

Using an iPad Air (128Gb) with latest iOS7, I have noticed issues where it seems the system just freezes for like 20-30 seconds. For example, on the home screen you press "Settings", you then get the white screen with the vertical divider but no icons. It just sits with the white background for 20-30 seconds, then everything appears as normal. I have had this happen numerous times when going into settings to connect to a bluetooth device. I have also seen similar when pressing an icon on the main screen, it darkens (registering the touch) then just sits. Again 20-30 seconds later the app opens as expected and works fine. I have stopped all apps, and shutdown/restarted the iPad a few times but this still occurs. The problem is, it is random so not everytime you open settings does it do this. So I'm having trouble pinpointing where the issue is coming from. Any ideas? I don't really want to do a restore as it does work fine for the most part. I'm hoping that it is just a bug in iOS7 and that the next update may correct it.

iPad, iOS 7.0.4, Air (128Gb)

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 9:30 AM

1 reply

iPad Air, iOS7 - Random Hanging Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.