Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased content is not in iTunes

I purchased an audio book on my iPhone, it was working, I was listening to it for a while. I plugged my phone into my computer to charge/sync it, and now the audiobook is no where to be found--not iTunes on iPhone, iPad, or computer; not even in the Cloud. The only place I have a record of it is in my Purchase History on Account Information. How do I get this audiobook back?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 9:48 AM

5 replies

Jan 29, 2014 11:12 AM in response to Hannah537

I've just had the same problem and it was difficult. The audiobook/album/song may not appear under Purchased in the Side Bar because it has been deleted. If you go into the iTunes Store there is no obvious way to download it. Perhaps the easiest way is to click on the iTunes Store on the Side Bar, sign into the iTunes store, look to the right (if necessary click on the little Home button on the black bar) and under Quicklinks click on Purchased, make sure you are looking at Not in My Library and click on the audiobook/album/song to download them again. Then once they are downloaded find the individual item and drag it into Purchased in the Side Bar if they don't appear there automatically. You might or might not have to go into iTunes Preferences/Store and click the button for "Show iTunes in the Cloud Purchases." I certainly have that clicked. Alternatively sign into the iTunes Store on another computer, download the item and use a USB stick to take it back to your own computer and add it to iTunes.

Purchased content is not in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.