Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad freezing

When I turn on the iPad for the first five minutes it freezes and lags. THen sometimes randomly it just freezes. This usually happened when it was on sleep and when I put in my code, then it would just freeze and not unlock. Then the buttons just wouldn't react. So I have to reboot it by holding the home button and sleep button. Seriously Apple?

My friend had iOS6 on his iPad 4 and everything worked smoothly and when he put on his iOS7 it started doing the same thing. I'm sure it is a software issue and not a hardware issue, which I think is the better case, but PLEASE Apple fix this because it's really irritating. iOS7 has so many problems from design to freezing to apps randomly quitting.

iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 10:44 AM

4 replies

Jan 29, 2014 10:51 AM in response to fetak11

that does not happen to me, and it is not widely reported here. I would suspect some process(es) trying to run when you wake it up. May simply be it is trying to do too much all at once.

Trouble shoot by fully closing off all your apps. doulbe click the home button, swipe up to close everything. then put it to sleep and wake it up, and see if you get the same behavoir.

if not, then start opening things, try the sleep - until you come across the offender. As an example, if you have multiple subscriptions trying to update at the same time, while its checking the mail and a bunch of other stuff, it may be overwhelmed.

If this was a ios 7 issue, this board would be crawling with similar complaints. while there are some, it seems no more than normal.

Jan 29, 2014 10:59 AM in response to pjl123

thx for the help, but I don't have any push or notifications. Logged out of everything (FB). I almost always turn off all of my apps. The problem is that I can't even get to the home screen, since it is locked and freezes. Even if I press the sleep button nothing happens. I don't have problems on my iPhone, just my tablet...

Jan 29, 2014 11:03 AM in response to fetak11

hmmm.

there are only 2 more steps before you may need service.

1. Do a hard reboot. Press and hold both the home and sleep button until the apple logo appears. ignore the red slider. this is akin to rebooting a windows machine, and can cure all sorts of ills.

failing that.

2. plug the puppy into your computer and do a restore.

If those do not make the problem go away, you might think about a service call.

iPad freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.