Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I back up the itunes folder after uninstalling itunes?

What started as a simple upgrade to 11.1.4 has lead to sooo many more problems (reinstall, uninstall, deleted files i dont have permission for, logged in as administrator, takeownership zip file, byetunes, file assassin, iobit installer, unlocker, system restore unsuccessful, system restore in safe mode unsuccessful, etc.) and wasting 2 full days...LONG STORY SHORT......itunes is now uninstalled and I still cant reinstall it, and the only back up I have is from 9 months ago on an external hard drive. I have already deleted its following components/folders as previous discussions advised, when i was trying to uninstall, but i still see the itunes folder in MY MUSIC. (running windows vista 32 bit) If I back up MY MUSIC along with itunes folder to my external hard drive, will it back up everything i need for all my itunes media from the last 9 mths or am i at a loss?

***sorry if this a stupid question but with all the info i've been researching to fix every problem ive come across i think im just too close to the problem LOL

iPhone 4S, Windows Vista

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 10:54 AM

1 reply

Jan 31, 2014 11:28 AM in response to ALeeC702

Hey ALeeC702,

Thanks for the question. Yes, backing up your iTunes Media folder will back up all of your media content. The following article provides more information:

iTunes: Back up your iTunes library by copying to an external hard drive

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1751

If your issues with iTunes persist, you may wish to read over the following resource, which outlines the errors you may have been experiencing:

iTunes 11.1.4 for Windows: Unable to install or open

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5376

Thanks,

Matt M.

Can I back up the itunes folder after uninstalling itunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.