Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mix of old and newer Macs- Junk mail not working

Every single piece of mail that ends up in my Junk folder is not junk! I might not want to read it, but it's all legit, yet it has been filtered.

I'd rather get a million pieces of junk than miss one piece that is not junk. Is there a way to turn off the filter completely?

I have an iMac at home with the most current OS. My iPhone 4 is as up to date as it can be. My office Mac is running OS 10.6.8. I get my personal mail via iCloud when at the office.

iPhone 4

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 11:21 AM

1 reply

Jan 31, 2014 7:20 AM in response to SimonJester753

Hey SimonJester753,

Thanks for the question. It sounds like you wish to turn Junk Mail filtering off. You can do so from your Mail Preferences:

Choose Mail > Preferences, then click Junk Mail. Make sure “Enable junk mail filtering” and “Mark as junk mail, but leave it in my Inbox” are selected.

(For your issue, you would make sure that these boxes are unchecked)

Mail (Mavericks): If junk mail filters aren’t working correctly

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH14937

Thanks,

Matt M.

Mix of old and newer Macs- Junk mail not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.