Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can't access Disk Utility from the COMMAND R Recovery.

Hello!!

My problem is that i can't access Disk Utility from the COMMAND R Recovery. I have 15inch Retina with Mavericks. and i need to Restore my OS X HD from an Image on my External HD.

When i get into Command R on startup, I choose my network but i get an Error 3001F or 3006F.

All i need is to Run disk utility outside os X to be able to restore my HD.

Any help ??

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), RETINA DISPLAY 15Inch

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 11:11 AM

2 replies

Feb 13, 2016 12:51 PM in response to ALTERRA

Open Terminal and type diskutil list. If you do not see a line that says Apple_Boot Recovery HD, then it's missing. The easiest way to get it back is to open the App Store then Purchases and re-download/install OS X El Capitan. If your Mac came pre-installed with El Capitan, restart into Internet Recovery (Command+Option+R) and download/reinstall from there. If you still get the -3001F or 3006F error, you need to make sure your have a stable Internet connection. So, if you can maybe use an ethernet cable instead of WiFi.

Installing OS X over itself will not touch any user accounts, data, settings or apps. You will want to go back into the App Store then Updates to reapply any updates to OS X that may have gotten overwritten.

i can't access Disk Utility from the COMMAND R Recovery.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.