Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing iPhoto on a clean install of Snow Leopard

I bought a new Mac and gave my dad my old Macbook Pro (15 inch Core 2 Duo, 2006). I was running Snow Leopard on the laptop but I wanted to clean it off before giving it to him. So, I inserted the Snow Leopard disc, restarted the computer, held down C, and ran disk utility and erased it. Then I did a clean install of Snow Leopard. I didn't realize that SL did not contain iLife (I know, silly me). I would rather not reinstall Tiger, Leopard, and then Snow Leopard all over again, so is there any way to get iLife on the laptop?

So far, I have inserted the 2nd disc of Leopard and clicked on Install Bundled Software, but kept getting Alert: This software cannot be installed on this computer. And Insterting either of the Tiger discs does not work either.

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 11:38 AM

5 replies

Jan 29, 2014 12:36 PM in response to Dankyn

Yes, older software will most of the time not load. Especially from a previous OSX. If I remember correctly I had to by iLife when I upgraded, I do have the disks, and I beleive I bought them after I installed SL. (SL did not come iLife)

They do offer iPhoto on the APP store, but that is V 9.51 which won't run on SL, the most 10.6.8 iPhoto is 9.2.3

The new iLife'11 has too new versions, that's why I said to buy the OLD version of '11

I have all those discs as well, I would not have bought "11 if I could have loaded off one of those discs.

Maybe someone knows a trick to make those old applcations load, and I would be most interested in finding how they did it.

All the best

Installing iPhoto on a clean install of Snow Leopard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.