Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I tunes 1.11.14 broken on windows and won't reinstall

I got an update notice, but the update kept failing. It said to manually download and install. That failed also.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing, but it will not install. During the install I get the error saying the mobile device service will not start, and cannot get past that in the install. I tried following the suggested fixes posted to others, and so far nothing has worked.

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.5

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 1:19 PM

2 replies

Jan 29, 2014 1:20 PM in response to CharlesD2

Solving MSVCR80 issue and Windows iTunes install issues.

Thanks to user turingtest2 for this solution.

Solving MSVCR80 issue and Windows iTunes install issues.

If the above doesn’t do the trick entirely, then use the instructions in the following as it applies to the version of Windows you are using:

HT1925: Removing and Reinstalling iTunes for Windows XP

HT1923: Removing and reinstalling iTunes for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

You may be required to boot into safe mode to complete the folder deletion process.

Jan 29, 2014 1:21 PM in response to CharlesD2

Hi there,

Earlier iTunes (and supporting applications) need to be completely uninstalled before you can install the new version. Here's the complete Apple info on this: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1923

Mobile device application will most likely fail to uninstall, so you would need to visit its location(s) and manually delete the files then folder(s). The location of the folders is documented in this link from Apple.

I tunes 1.11.14 broken on windows and won't reinstall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.