5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2014 4:50 PM by Jacumba
ttnettles Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I hope that I am in the right place. I am not sure if this is an isolated issue but on multiple Windows 7 computers, I am unable to get Quicktime videos from a website to playback in any browser. I tried one of the videos on a Mac and playback was normal. Thinking perhaps the software may need to be updated I check the version and for updates. The version is current (Version 7.7.4 1680.86).

quicktime.JPG

So I tested one of the non-playing videos (http://globalshakespeares.mit.edu/midsummer-nights-dream-yang-jung-ung-2006/)in Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. None of the browsers would playback the video(s). I select video, press play and a countdown begins at the bottom "waiting for media".

waiting.JPG

After the countdown, it changes to "switching transports".

switching transports.JPG

The wheel then keeps spinning and the video never loads or plays.

At first I thought all QuickTime videos were effected, however, after searching the web and testing other Quicktime videos, I found no issue with playback.

Is there something that could be causing the QuickTime videos on this site (Global Shakespeares) not to play on Windows 7 computers? The videos play on a Mac from the same site and other QuickTime videos playback normal. Any ideas on what could be causing the issue here?

Windows 7