Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm hooked up to the ethernet using DHCP with manual address. It's running (green) but my internet (Safari, messenger, email) doesn't work! Help!

I'm running an iMac with Mountain Lion. Not only do we do accounting work on this computer with AccountEdge, but the computer functions as a server to another computer in a different state.

Anyway, I set a static IP address (Using DHCP with manual address) on it (to allow for a VPN to the computer in the different state) and it is connected (green dot) - meaning that the other computer in the different state can connect to us via that ethernet line - but for some reason Safari, Messanger, and Apple Email won't work.

But if I switch a dynamic IP (DHCP auto), I can use the internet (Safari, messanger, email), but the computer in the different state can't connect to this computer.

How can I fix this so that the computer in the different state can connect to this computer and that the internet (Safari, messanger, and email) can work at the same time?

Much thanks!

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 3:15 PM

There are no replies.

I'm hooked up to the ethernet using DHCP with manual address. It's running (green) but my internet (Safari, messenger, email) doesn't work! Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.