Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes freezes when iPod touch 4G is connected + other issues.

I've seen a lot of people struggling with this problem and I'm afraid I got stuck with the same issue. I'm not sure when it started, but I noticed any time I connected my ipod touch 4G to my computer, iTunes freezes almost immediately. When I disconnect, it goes back to normal (most of the time) and displays a message that says: "An ipod touch has been detected but cannot properly be identified."

I tried reinstalling iTunes 5 times, all of which it comes up with what I suppose is an installation error. When I click ok on the error, installation continues as if nothing has happened. There's also been an update for iTunes but it won't download. (Note: my laptop runs Windows 8.1).

On the website, it says iTunes is 64-bit but when I download, it runs 32-bit. I don't know why this happens (I'm not exactly tech savvy) and I don't know why iTunes freezes. I also cannot manually restore my iPod as a lot of people suggested as my home button is stuck. I'm out of options unless someone saves me... and my need for my music. I've been through many forums and nothing worked.

Can anyone help?

Side note: my ipod also seems to be going through USB chords like nobody's business. It's not negligence on my part, yet they always start causing my ipod to say "charging is not supported with this accessory" then completely stop working. I had one that barely lasted a day! I'm fed up with all these problems and hope someone can help.

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.5

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 3:21 PM

There are no replies.

iTunes freezes when iPod touch 4G is connected + other issues.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.