Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I combine several apple accounts?

I apparently have registered 3 or different emails on 2 different icloud/itunes accounts and I want to combine them. I tried adding emails from one account to the other but Apple will not allow me to! Any thoughts? Thanks!

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9), MBP, 10.8

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 3:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 4:01 PM

Sorry, you can't combine accounts, nor can you transfer the ownership of content between them. You can transfer contacts and calendar etc etc data between accounts but that's not exactly straight forward either.

4 replies

Jan 29, 2014 5:18 PM in response to Winston Churchill

I found this -- just seems like a lot of waste to have all these account names and passwords floating around for 1 person! At least there's logic in that we can access all the accounts!

Dah•veed Dallas TX - I just look illegal

If you have a Mac or PC, you can mingle the content from multiple Apple IDs in the same iTunes content libraries, you just need to authorize the computer to use the multiple Apple IDs in the Store dropdown menu. Once the computer has been authorized to use the content, you can sync all of the content to iOS devices.

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), iPad 4, iPhone 5 (iOS 6)

Jan 30, 2014 11:51 AM in response to rswc90

Yes that's correct, you can use all the content from multiple accounts, but it still belongs to the account under which it was purchased, you'd need to use the original ID if you ever needed to redownload it.

If you are thinking of just using one ID for iCloud, you might want to consider the following before changing anything...

When you delete the account from your device, you will be given the opportunity to save Safari data, reminders, calendars and contacts to your device, which you can later merge with the other account once you login.

You won't be able to save your photo stream photos in the same way, so if you have any photo stream photos that are not already in your camera roll, you should move them there before you delete your account.

Your iWork documents can be saved to iTunes on your device, but if you have them on a Mac they would be much easier to save to your desktop there. You can move them back after you switch.

Notes can be shared to messages or mail and copy and pasted back after the switch. Although if you have a Mac, you may find it easier to do there. You could also use a temporary secondary account (see last item) to log into both accounts and copy and paste directly into your other account.

You can set up Mail forwarding at iCloud.com mail preferences (little gear icon-bottom left) to receive mail from your old address to your new one.

As an alternative to just switching, you might consider switching and adding your previous account back as a secondary account at settings > mail, contacts, calendars. You would still need to move your photos and iWork documents and save your safari data, but you'd have access to your old mail, contacts, calendars, reminders and notes.

How do I combine several apple accounts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.