Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what operating system do I need to have icloud and to transfer my photos from my 4s iphone to iphoto?

What new operating system should I get? Now have old 10.5.7. I need icloud so I can share photos with my iphone & ipad.

Also, I have old appleworks documents. I don't want to lose them all. In what format can I save some of them so I can open them with the

new operating system?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 4:39 PM

3 replies

Jan 29, 2014 7:05 PM in response to debappleg

I also am not familiar with Appleworks, But if you have the capability change the format to PDF or .jpg. You may also save the Applleworks documents to a Flash Drive befor and after you change them this will guarantee you can reopen them and wont loose them.

Cheers

Don

Here is one other thing I found they may help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AppleWorks

Jan 29, 2014 10:42 PM in response to debappleg

I have old appleworks documents. I don't want to lose them all. In what format can I save some of them so I can open them with the new operating system?

Pages and Numbers are the new applications and available at the app store. They will open Appleworks word docs and spreadsheets, but - I believe - you'd need to convert them on your old computer first because you may not be able to open them on the new one (since they were created with a PPC application which is no longer supported).

You could also export them as PDF's if that option exists - that would mean you can read them, but no longer edit them.

what operating system do I need to have icloud and to transfer my photos from my 4s iphone to iphoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.