Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot update phone

I have been trying since ios7 came out to update my phone and eveyrone time it completes the download it says it fails. Now my phone is very slow as all the apps are meant for the ios7 while i'm still on ios6. Any idea how I can solve this? I have the iphone5.

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 5:38 PM

15 replies

Jan 30, 2014 4:22 PM in response to TMLtalk16

It sounds like your downloads were interrupted thus resulting a corrupted file.

You can try to download using your web browser from this direct link for iOS 7.0.4 iPhone 5 GSM - 11B554a OR iPhone 5 GSM+CDMA - 11B554a. (Identify your iPhone 5 model from this link or from the image below and download the appropriate file) Once the download completes can you check the file size to ensure the download was not interrupted, actual file size should be 1.32GB.

You can restore your phone using iTunes. Press Option on your keyboard and click Restore simultaneously, it will pop up a window to locate the downloaded firmware. Select the firmare and let the phone restore.

Hope this helps.

User uploaded file

cannot update phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.