Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I stream video on Apple TV the fastest with slow internet?

I have barely 1mbps internet connection and am using Apple TV. I know the streaming won't be that fast, but would like to have my video settings just right to stream the fastest I can. Anyone have any recommendations on video pixel settings or anything else that might help? I would get faster internet, but the building I just moved into only allows you to use one internet provider and the speed is horribly slow. Thanks!!

Apple TV

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 6:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 7:52 PM

Unfortunately with that speed you are not going to have a good experience with HD streaming. I would make sure everything is set to stream SD. Go into the settings - iTunes Store and you can switch there for any purchases/rentals made through them.

If you use Netflix (or other streaming sites) go into your account(s) and see if you can switch to a lower quality stream. I know Netflix has that in place.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2014 7:52 PM in response to caitlinlaura

Unfortunately with that speed you are not going to have a good experience with HD streaming. I would make sure everything is set to stream SD. Go into the settings - iTunes Store and you can switch there for any purchases/rentals made through them.

If you use Netflix (or other streaming sites) go into your account(s) and see if you can switch to a lower quality stream. I know Netflix has that in place.

How can I stream video on Apple TV the fastest with slow internet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.