Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone is not showing up as a device in itunes when it is plugged into my computer, how do I fix this?

I have tried restarting my computer and my iphone but this didn't help. My phone is connecting to the computer and it is showing up in my computer but it will not show up in itunes. I'm not sure what else to do. Please help.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 7:09 PM

272 replies

Mar 25, 2017 5:27 AM in response to SLianaD11

1-Go to Device Management.

2- For Windows 10, Go to portable devices

3- Update Apple Iphone Driver From (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers) Manually.

4- Go to the Universal Serial Bus Controllers, You will find Apple Mobile Device USB Driver has been shown up.

5- That's It and Enjoy.

ILMaW..............

Jul 29, 2017 1:03 PM in response to SLianaD11

Alas, I have this problem as well. I have two identical computers at home (ACER all-in-ones) both i5 running Windows 10 and both up to date in Windows software and iTunes. One computer sees my iphone6 plus just fine and syncs. The other computer will not despite deleting and re-downloading iTunes, restarting the Apple Mobil Device Driver, and trying just about every thing I know how to do. Given that I have two computers running nearly all identical software it just strikes me as odd that one sees the device easily, and the other does not. You would think comparing something in the software here you could find the answer. Anyone help?

My iphone is not showing up as a device in itunes when it is plugged into my computer, how do I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.