Right-click the Apple Mobile Device entry in Device Manager and choose Update Driver Software.
- Select "Browse my computer for driver software."
- Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer."
- Click the Have Disk button. Note: If the Have Disk option is not present, choose a device category such as Mobile Phone or Storage Device if listed, and then click next. The Have Disk button should then appear.
- Click the Browse button and navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers.
- Double-click the "usbaapl" file. (This file will be called "usbaapl64" if you have a 64-bit version of Windows. If you don't see "usbaapl64" here, or if there is no Drivers folder, look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers. instead).
- Click Open in the Have Disk window. Then, click Next and then Click Finish. Windows will install the driver.
I am having the same issue as well. I tried everything. I have stopped, started and restarted Apple Mobile Device. I have restarted my computer and my iphone. I have also uninstalled itunes and reinstalled. I still can not have my iphone show up on itunes. I can see my iphone on my computer but not in itunes.
Same here I am not sure if it is a bug issue within iTunes new update or iPhone update. Either way it is on Apple's end and not ours. I need to do a backup and I cannot and other iPhone for recovery.