Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Today 1/29/14 I attempted to update iTunes to the latest version - I got Error 7 (193) on W7 64 bit PC. I did everything to completely uninstall all apple folders on this site. I followed every step. I did this three times.

Apple is slowly loosing me as a valued customer. I attempted to update to the latest version of iTunes (11.1.4.62) for my desktop W7 service pack 1 64 bit PC. It would not upgrade it even told me that the install verson was incorrectly installed. Error 7 (193). Wow. An attempt to update the verson and the whole install is corrupt. I followed every step to uninstall iTunes and all the Apple directories. I installed it only to crash everytime. I repaired it. No improvement. I uninstalled it again as this support sight suggests. Still iTunes began "unresponsive" and closed. I reinstalled on another harddrive - no luck.

How is it Apple with all its glory and money can mess up a simple thing as an update? I, in good faith, do as Apple suggests and now I can't access my purchased content. I will voice my opinion and see if Apple will correct this ASAP for ask for all my money back - well over 40 movies, 2,000 songs and 300 music videos.

Windows 7

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 9:13 PM

3 replies

Jan 30, 2014 10:24 AM in response to findalaska

Hey I finally got an older vesion of itunes to work!!! 10.7 x64 for windows 7
After uninstalling all apple products even quicktime
I had to delete everything from (program files, and program files x64, program data,)
And all downloads from apple, and I went in to search deleted other stuff from apple, and itunes
But definently not my itunes library and Playlist
Down loaded 10.7 x64 for windows 7, but checked (do not start when done)
Then I emptied my recycling bin and restarted my PC
I ran geek tech tool box same as reg cure pro, also PC Tools registry cleaner, and CC Cleaner
Then I emptied my recycling bin and restarted my PC
And wallah... It finally works, and I Love the older version anyways.
Easier to download and transfer music!!!!!

Today 1/29/14 I attempted to update iTunes to the latest version - I got Error 7 (193) on W7 64 bit PC. I did everything to completely uninstall all apple folders on this site. I followed every step. I did this three times.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.