Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is pages getting any new language updates/additions anytime soon?

HI there,

so I am from Europe - Slovenia and getting a laptop that doesn't support my native tongue was a gamble as it is but now NONE of the writing programs support it. Pages is a no go, Office is a no go, iWrite is a no go. I can add custom dictionarries in Office but they are mostly, pardon my french, crap.

My question is this - is ANY of these programs (Office, Pages, iWrite) getting any new dictionaries/spell-checks (Slovenian specifically) and if so when?

Tnx for your answer(s) in advance.

Cheers,

Klemen

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 10:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 11:16 PM

I wouldn't hold my breath.

Even the French and Germans are not happy with what they have, and little old Slovenia, as excellent as it may be (my Oma was Slovenian), is probably well down the list.

Best to ask around any Sloveniian User Groups or Apple Sevice Centres for what they have found to work.

Have you tried LibreOffice/OpenOffice/Neo/Office (all free)?

Peter

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2014 11:16 PM in response to KlemenM

I wouldn't hold my breath.

Even the French and Germans are not happy with what they have, and little old Slovenia, as excellent as it may be (my Oma was Slovenian), is probably well down the list.

Best to ask around any Sloveniian User Groups or Apple Sevice Centres for what they have found to work.

Have you tried LibreOffice/OpenOffice/Neo/Office (all free)?

Peter

Jan 30, 2014 5:27 AM in response to KlemenM

KlemenM wrote:

My question is this - is ANY of these programs (Office, Pages, iWrite) getting any new dictionaries/spell-checks (Slovenian specifically) and if so when?

Nobody in these forums can tell you if or when Apple will add some feature you want, but you can ask for it via

http://www.apple.com/feedback

You may be able to find something useful to add on via

http://m10lmac.blogspot.com/2011/06/extra-spell-checking-dictionaries-for.html

Is pages getting any new language updates/additions anytime soon?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.