Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unwanted map bookmarks

I'm using iOS 7, my map keeps getting populated with locations under "recent" and "bookmarks" that seem to come from emails, spam, ads, and contacts. How do I stop that?

iPad 2, iOS 7

Posted on Jan 30, 2014 7:08 AM

1 reply

Feb 1, 2014 9:02 AM in response to TD Maps

Hi TD Maps,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

If you do not want to receive location-based suggestions in Maps, I recommend changing the settings found under Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services.

User uploaded file

Here are a few specific items that can be changed:

• Popular Near Me: Your iPhone will periodically send locations of where you have purchased or used Apps in an anonymous and encrypted form to Apple to improve a crowd-sourced database that may be used to offer geographically-relevant Apps.
  • Frequent Locations: Your iPhone will keep track of places you have recently been, as well as how often and when you visited them, in order to learn places that are significant to you. This data is kept solely on your device and won't be sent to Apple without your consent. It will be used to provide you with personalized services, such as predictive traffic routing.
  • Location-Based iAds: Your iPhone will send your location to Apple in order to provide you with geographically relevant iAds.

See this article for more information about Location Services:

iOS 7: Understanding Location Services

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5594

Best,

Jeremy

Unwanted map bookmarks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.