Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Glitchiness on Bluetooth Bootcamp

Hi all,

Installed Windows 8.1 no bother on my Mac Mini mid-2011 (5,1) everything runs great! Except for bluetooth...

The trackpad and keyboard don't automatically connect like you would expect on OS X and if you download something/have a few tabs open in browser/watch or stream a YouTube video the keyboard begins to stick or lag and the mouse on the trackpad does the same. Sometimes you can see that the keyboard even resets the connection itself.

Is this a Bootcamp driver issue? My Mac? Anything I can do to help it out?

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 2011 5,1

Posted on Jan 30, 2014 6:44 AM

3 replies

Jan 30, 2014 8:33 AM in response to BobTheFisherman

I think what you mean is that it's not 'officially' supported. 😉

I would try and do this however Boot Camp installs a ton of drivers and I'm not sure which ones are for what (or whether they're used at all), that coupled with the fact that the keyboard and trackpad drivers are not simply available for download is a bit of a bummer.

I've tried to 'update' the drivers but apparently they're all at latest versions :c

Feb 1, 2014 8:14 AM in response to CallumH003

I have found the solution to the issue, it seems that by default the Broadcom wireless drivers do not have Bluetooth Compensation enabled by default.

This can be done in the Device Manager in Windows for the wireless interface (not the Bluetooth one).

Now all I have to do is figure out how to connect the keyboard and trackpad on startup like OS X and I'm good to go! 😀

Glitchiness on Bluetooth Bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.